Gavin already had his share of Gavin-sized candy in Chicago at The Hershey Store to fatten him up for his Halloween Costume.
Last Wednesday, we went to Ryan's parents' church (also where we grew up and got married!) for Gavin's first Trunk or Treat.
We wanted a Halloween costume for Gavin that would play up his chunkiness.
Introducing...Sumo Gavin!
He couldn't go naked outside, so we put long underwear over a sweatshirt and sweatpants to make him look even chubbier.
My friend Jeanette told me I should dress up as a Geisha to match him! Ryan did not want to play along.
Trying to think of a way to sneak Papaw's glasses.

On Halloween, we went to visit with Gavin's Great Grandmothers. He was the center of attention of course.
He got to Trick or Treat inside in his real sumo outfit:



Contemplating his next wrestling move
Gavin's headband is really from Japan! When I was a baby, my Mom's Mom had a Japanese exchange student and Mom and Dad became good friends with her, too. My blue robe I had on in these pictures is from Japan, too. Here's a picture of me with Kiyomi when I was a year old. Notice the headband!
And when I was 2:
I think he'll be glad I didn't make him wear the pink robe!
Introducing...Sumo Gavin!
On Halloween, we went to visit with Gavin's Great Grandmothers. He was the center of attention of course.
And when I was 2:
I think he'll be glad I didn't make him wear the pink robe!





3 comments:
I just want to squeeze and kiss him! So fat and chubby! You guys look too cute together as sumo wrestler and geisha. I love that you wore the same headband as a child...so sweet that he got to wear it now!
Such wonderful memories being created. I wish I could have seen you guys in Chattanooga:( I remember you wearing that head band in Gran's living room on Hunter Trail:)
Ally--this is seriously an awesome costume!
Post a Comment