Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Soccer Mom

Before I show you our newest car purchase, I'd like to walk down memory lane and check out the car Ryan drove when he was 16. Here we are before prom in his 1976 baby blue Lincoln Continental...
This has been my car since college (which we are selling--anybody need a great little car?)...
And this is what we are driving as of a few weeks ago...
Yes, I am officially a Soccer Mom in my 2005 Honda Odyssey!

Ryan didn't feel that Gavin and I were safe in my tiny car, and it has NO ROOM for Gavin or his stuff. And if we ever went on a trip, we could either take Gavin or Dakota--not both. Same problem for Ryan's Accord. So rather than doing the SUV for a couple of years until more kids, we just went straight to the mini van! I feel as though it has added 15 years to my age. I am now 42 instead of 27! And now I don't know if I'll ever be able to live without it!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

You have officially entered the "Mini-Van Years". You have arrived:)
My mini-van was great and served an awesome purpose while Madison was young. Even though she was an only child, my van was always full of children:) It is the very best way to travel. One day you too will get to graduate back to a car. We bought a "grown-up car" the same day you bought your mini-van. How life seems to always go full circle:) ENJOY!!! Oh, and by the way, do you think mid to late 40's is old??????? I think I resemble that remark (haha)

MELDUST said...

Love it! We've been thinking about an odyssey too! I had been wondering how you guys were fitting in the Toyota!!!! Oh, yes we are old.....but it's OK. :) Do you know we counted almost 100 Odyssey's on they way to Florida in under 2 hours!?! Crazy! What a great ride!! I can't wait for more space either! If you want me to post your car on Value Ads at TVA - let me know!

J said...

hilarious old picture..made us laugh!

Becky Lott said...

You're totally rockin' the van, girl! I might would be interested in your car for doing my home health work. Let me talk to Mark if ya'll still have it.