Our friends RJ and Joslynn from Chicago stopped by in the midst of painting!
We miss you guys!
We miss you guys!
Ryan's family painted the blue background for the sky. Robert (Ryan's dad) is the fastest painter I've ever seen!

Ryan's sister Amanda graduated from UT in Interior Design. Man, is she helpful to have around! She has told us for years that she would design our nursery for us. She found our beautiful bedding for us which is a forest theme that fits Ryan and me so perfectly. Here's a picture from online so you can see what it will look like put together.

So she decided to do a mini forest in Gavin's room! Here she is sketching the trees on the wall. No joke--she had them sketched out with pencil in about 10 minutes. It was unbelievable.

The weather was yucky, so the guys ended up going to the game and the girls stayed home to finish painting. I think the Lord worked all that out so that it could get finished! Here's the progression of the trees on the wall from start to finish...

Here I am painting my little boy's nursery!
Don't worry, the room was well ventilated and we used a low VOC paint.


The proud artist!
Gavin's crib (when we get it) will go in the middle of the 2 trees. I want to sleep in this room!
For a finishing touch, Amanda had the best idea for Ryan and I to paint our names on one of the trees like we carved our names in it. I can't decide if I should keep it or not. What do you think?

Ryan's sister Amanda graduated from UT in Interior Design. Man, is she helpful to have around! She has told us for years that she would design our nursery for us. She found our beautiful bedding for us which is a forest theme that fits Ryan and me so perfectly. Here's a picture from online so you can see what it will look like put together.

So she decided to do a mini forest in Gavin's room! Here she is sketching the trees on the wall. No joke--she had them sketched out with pencil in about 10 minutes. It was unbelievable.
The weather was yucky, so the guys ended up going to the game and the girls stayed home to finish painting. I think the Lord worked all that out so that it could get finished! Here's the progression of the trees on the wall from start to finish...
Don't worry, the room was well ventilated and we used a low VOC paint.
For a finishing touch, Amanda had the best idea for Ryan and I to paint our names on one of the trees like we carved our names in it. I can't decide if I should keep it or not. What do you think?





9 comments:
I love it! So much fun!
I know you still hate me for painting over Anna Kate's mural. But that is a cute mural & trees! I love it. :)
The forest theme is too cute! You're looking mighty pregnant. :)
Super cool..I like it a lot with the initials!
Oh Allyson the room looks great! I definitely think you should keep the heart 'carved' in the tree. I cant wait to see it once you get the furniture and bedding! Very exciting!!
OH MY GOSH... those are the cutest trees EVER and the bedding So fits you guys! Couldn't be any cuter, seriously!
Please keep it! That's absolutely adorable...and you can tell Gavin all about how you met and fell in love when he asks you what the heart is for.
Your nursery is amazing!
Ha! It looks great! My nieces' nursery was a Noah's Ark theme and we did a similar kind of thing.
hey A!
I love the mural! so beautiful!
i love seeing ultra sounds! it makes it so much more real!
Gavin..love the name!
Post a Comment