T.W.O.
My sweet Henley Jane is two-years-old today and I can hardly believe it.
Because I don't have much time to blog lately (the D.C. trip doesn't count b/c I basically did nothing else for a week besides document our trip), I haven't updated what Henley's into these days, so in honor of her birthday, a blog post dedicated to Henley Jane...
Henley has many loves in her life. They are as follows (probably in this order):
1. Her Daddy
The term "wrapped around his finger" definitely applies to these two. Henley can pretty much get away with anything with this man :)
Most Saturdays Ryan and I divide and conquer and take 1 kiddo each to run errands or do things around the house. This past weekend, Ryan took Henley to Lowe's (I think he wanted to show this girl off) and treated her with a Krystal Chick on the way home. She apparently was a fan. :)
Up until last week, we rocked Henley to bed every night of her life. We moved her rocker down to our living room this weekend, so I wanted to document the last night. Notice her lamb and elephant ready for bed.
2. Lamb
She sticks her tongue out like this and sucks like she has a paci (with no paci). She's done it since she was a baby and it stuck. I think it's absolutely precious!
We've named her lamb "Lamber Jammer." She would carry it around all day if we let her.
I tell her often: "Henley, I love you more than you love your lamb!"
Look at that lamb lover asleep. Goodness this girl is precious.
3. Elephants
And that now means her new stuffed elephant we brought her back from the Natural History Museum in D.C. We've named her Ellie (which is appropriate because that was almost Henley's name!) and she carries her everywhere. She actually didn't care anything for it until I put a ribbon around it's neck and then it's just like her lamb. :)
4. Shoes
Henley has a basket of shoes and she is a bit of a shoe snob. She will turn down shoes that I pick out if she doesn't approve. This girl puts these rain boots on even before I can get her fully dressed in the mornings! She looked so adorable the other day with just a diaper and boots that I had to snap a pic:
5. Food
She LOVES fruits and veggies. I was making homemade marinara sauce and she was helping me by biting every single tomato before I put it in the blender. She also makes a "Num num num num" sound whenever she eats or sees something she wants (like the Chick-fil-A sign! ha!).
6. Showers
Gavin and Henley both love taking a shower in our big walk in shower. We stock up on Barbasol shaving cream, give her a scrubber brush, and it turns into this on the glass door. These 2 will stay in for 30 minutes easy!
Other Henley updates:
I can't believe I haven't documented this yet. The week we got back from D.C., we turned Henley's crib into a toddler bed! If anything turns your little one from a baby to a big girl, I think this is it.
I don't have any good pics of it because I try to get her asleep. She's still not used to a pillow. And she doesn't understand she can get out of bed--which is fine with us! It's been soooo easy compared to Gavin. (But then again, Gavin was 17 months when we did this transition!)
While Gavin is in Preschool, I have had so much fun having girl time with Henley. We went with our buddies Elizabeth and Kate to Wasabi to celebrate my birthday--just us girls!
And Henley and I go to Kindermusik 1x a week with our buddies Kim and Rev while Gavin is at school. She is a completely different child when she's away from her brother. So independent instead of waiting to see what her brother is going to do. I'm loving seeing this side of her:
And I love only have 1 kiddo for a few hours! Watching 1 on the playground is quite different than 2! :)
For her birthday today, we went with a few friends to go pick apples at the Fruit and Berry Patch.
It was supposed to be for "A" week (doing Letter of the Week with Henley like I did with Gavin), but apparently we were a couple of months late for picking apples! Isn't Fall apple picking time!? Anywho...so he handed us a pocket knife and told us to go cut our own pumpkin. That was pretty cool. An actual pumpkin patch. We were tripping over all the vines to go pick out our pumpkins out in the field. And I loved actually cutting it from the vine:
This sweet birthday girl woke up incredibly snotty, so I'm thankful for friends that were brave enough to be around this sick girl!
We are so thankful to God for this precious, joyful, Diva of a BIG girl!





















2 comments:
Too stinkin' cute!!!!! What a lovable, precious, cute, and beautiful little girl you have!!!!! Happy birthday to the cutest two year old;)
I love the first picture of Henley sleeping with her lamb. It is so sweet! My five year old doesn't sleep with a pillow yet. I wonder when that usually happens?
Post a Comment