Saturday, October 27, 2012

Circle G Ranch

A couple of weeks ago, a few of us went to Circle G Ranch in Strawberry Plains (thanks to a Half Off Depot deal) and it was SO FUN.

When we went last time, we got to ride in the Safari Truck instead of drive our own vehicle. Well they are sticklers now for $10 extra per person, so we chose to all pile in my van. 4 adults in the front, and 7 kiddos in the back! It really was a lot of fun all being together. We started riding with the doors open, but quickly closed them as these guys came along!

Then we had to keep closing the windows because the animals (especially the emus and llamas) kept trying to stick their head in the car! Gavin is feeding the llama in the back here:

Kim, this picture CRACKS ME UP. I think Rev is probably saying, "All done!" Me, too, Rev!

It really is amazing how many animals there are just roaming free.

Some animals (like this Zebra) we didn't mind getting close to the car! How cool is this!? I fed a Zebra!



But other animals, like the llamas and horned cows for example, were a little terrifying up close! And the llamas seemed to be in a gang and stood in front of our car until we fed their friends. Seriously!
It was HILARIOUS. We all needed a good laugh like this!

It takes about an hour to drive through. At the end was this guy--he has 4 horns! It's called a Jacob Four Horned Sheep, so he's not a mutant like we all thought at first!


We had a picnic after we drove through, while peacocks, cats, and pigs came around begging for our food!

These boys are all boy!

We stayed for a bit and fed the extra food to the animals at the petting zoo.

The 3 Little Pigs!

Love this picture. Gavin has no fear!


It was SUCH a fun day. Braden and Kate kept saying, "I can't believe this!" Me either, guys! We were all laughing (until I cried!) the entire time. I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I never want to go there. :)