This will be the shortest post of all the days in D.C. because we only had one activity on Sunday: The National Zoo!
Have I mentioned yet that almost all the museums are FREE in D.C.?? It was so crazy to just walk into these places without having to stop to pay. It was so wonderful! So we grabbed a Starbucks right outside and just walked around for 2 hours--but we only saw half of it!
There were Panda Bears that I had never seen before (amazing) but we couldn't get a good picture of them because they were so far away. This one will have to do. :)
Otters. Man, look at their home! I want to live here!
Fishing Cat (I didn't know there was such a thing!)
Sloth Bear. Isn't he so cute and fluffy looking? They have no front teeth and eat termites!
The Cheetahs were amazing. They fed this guys a rabbit while we were watching. Wowsers. It was a bit graphic. :)
This was SO SAD. A male lemur's mate died back in January (he's on the left). Notice anything odd next to him? Those would be toy lemurs from the gift shop. Apparently this poor guy went into a depression after his mate died and he wouldn't come out of a cave and refused to eat. So they put these stuffed lemurs in there to be his companions and he grooms them and sleeps with them. Crazy!
Komodo Dragon. Look how big it is next to Ryan!
There were so many incredible animals we saw. The only Zoo I'm used to is the Knoxville Zoo, and this Zoo definitely is more like the animals' natural habitat! If I were an animal, I would want to live here! :) And wow, the variety of animals we saw was amazing.
Because this was technically a conference weekend, Ryan wanted to make sure he made it to some of the events for all the insurance folks. So we both went to hear 4 Star General Stan McChrystal speak. He was really entertaining to listen to and Ryan loved him because he spoke a lot of his war experiences while tying them into business strategies.
That night, Liberty Mutual had a dinner for all of their employees and families in one of the ballrooms of the hotel. We tried to snap a quick picture of us dressed up in the elevator doors but it didn't turn out too well. :)
It was nice to have a more laid-back day in the midst of our crazy non-stop tourism! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment