Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bob the Builder: Take 2

We were in Chattanooga for my birthday last week, so we decided to hit up Bob the Builder at The Creative Discovery Museum one more time! Ryan and my Dad took the day off work so it was extra fun with the Dads there!

With 2 extra sets of hands, Nani and I were able to play--even with no kids around! :)

Because we had just been there, Gavin knew exactly what to do.

And Pop, the expert plumber, showed Gavin how to put the pipes together:

Then Nani and Pop helped him learn how the water goes up the pipes:

Miss Henley Jane had a great time exploring this time:
Her new trick: waving
And like all hats...
...it didn't stay on for long!

Nani put on a puppet show for her:

We started upstairs with Bob, and then moved downstairs to the regular stuff (priorities, of course). Ryan was particularly proud of this water shot:

Playing dress up.
I.love.this.picture.
Gavin was being a fireman:

Then we moved onto Pop's favorite part--the music room.

Henley loved watching Pop play the tambourines!

My Dad is a drummer, so he was kicking' it on the xylophone!
Gavin tried to keep the beat with him in his favorite song he made up:
"The Daddy Momma Song"

Unlike the look on his face here, Ryan had a good time, too:

We ended with digging for dinosaur bones:
(Actually there wasn't a whole lot of digging--he either loved the way the sand felt or was really tired!)

Then it was time to hop in the car and head home!
Always wanting to be with her big brother!

It was such a fun day! I told the dads they should take every Friday off from work!! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

1. The Daddy Mama Song is so precious! Can he sing at Rev's birthday party????? I hope he'll perform something for us! :)

2. I love all the pretend play he's participating in!! Best way to learn.

3. Henley's crazy hair cracks me up. So cute!

Meagan said...

I LOVE that place!! Looks like y'all had a GREAT time! It's always fun when you have grandparents around - the extra sets of hands makes for extra fun for all!!