Thanks to a friend of ours posting the idea on facebook (thanks, Cris!), we decided to try out a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) at Mountain Meadows Farm in North Knoxville for the next 25 weeks.
Last month, they had a potluck lunch so everybody that was part of the Farm Share could see the farm where our fresh fruit and veggies would be coming from all Spring/Summer/Fall.
We were able to tour all over the farm and listen to the family explain what they planted and how they can grow it organically.
We are super duper excited to be able to eat local produce, grown without pesticides and non-gmo seeds, and try new things we've never tried!
Gavin's favorite part: the hay ride behind the tractor!
Henley was such a trooper, as always!
I just about needed an hour massage after carrying this little gal around all over the farm! :)
We're on Week 3 and loving it! Here's our first box of goodies:
My favorite part that I just could not get over was that the strawberries were so fresh that they still had dirt on them from being picked that morning!
There's something so satisfying being a Mom and knowing I'm feeding my family the freshest and healthiest food I can! This is the next best thing to growing it ourselves, and we're getting so much more variety than if we had our own garden. And let's just face it people--I've got enough on my plate as it is without growing my own food! :)
Here's 2 of my favorite recipes I've recently found:
Strawberry Pie--I might possibly be able to eat an entire pie by myself! Ok, not might--I totally could.
Kale Chips--these are so good it's like eating potato chips but they're veggies! Gavin eats them by the bowlful.







1 comment:
Here we are at the breakfast table enjoying your blog!!! Gran, Nani and Great Aunt Joanna:) The strawberries looked simply yummy. Nani said you took some camping and they were great! I will try the Kale chips...I did get brave and tried your Mom's protein "cookies". As Madison said, "they can't really be classified as cookies". However, made with apple sauce, they did get even better:) Love you guys!
Post a Comment