Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Marvelous March

We had a very busy month of March!

We went down to Chattanooga to celebrate Gavin's 2nd birthday with our families. Ryan's Dad decorated the cake to go along with the theme we had for his b'day party here. Very impressive, Papaw!

Gavin now has every truck known to man. He is all boy!

Every time he would open a present, he ran across the room to show Papaw. It was hilarious!

So thankful we live close enough to see our families often.
4 generations:

G.G. teaching Henley to love trucks like her brother:

I love this video of my grandmother playing Patty Cake with Henley that I had to share!


Ryan had to go out of town for a few days for work, so I stayed in Chattanooga with my family. It's a lot more work to handle 2 kids all by myself for 3 days!

I'm pretty sure Nani and Pop had a good time, too:
(Notice Belle, the crayon stealer, patiently waiting for someone to drop a crayon.)

My Mom pulled out her Michael Jackson records for Gavin.
I really am amazed at this boy's rhythm!!


VW has a new plant in Chattanooga. We drove through it just for Gavin to see all the big trucks:

And of course he has to touch every wheel!




We went to the Creative Discovery Museum on Nani's day off from school:

The music section is definitely Gavin's favorite:

And mine too!


The key to a good time at the museum is to go after the field trips have left. We basically had the place to ourselves!


My favorite thing about March: Yoshino Cherry Trees in bloom! We planted one a few years ago and this is by far the prettiest it's been. If I had it my way, we would line our driveway with them!

We've been outside playing a lot with this gorgeous weather.

Sidewalk chalk is for lining up in a straight line instead of drawing with, right?
(Side note--I did not teach him this! He does this with all his toys!)

Ryan built Gavin a sandbox in the backyard. Gavin and Braden enjoying it:

Gavin found a worm to ride on his fire engine:
Gavin looooves worms (and every other bug). He sees one and says, "HI!!!" and waves and plays with them--usually (unfortunately) until they're pulled apart. This one survived thankfully.

1 word: "Sauce." Gavin wants it on everything.

Apparently he just likes salt in general, because he got the salt shaker and poured it out one day. When I went to get a paper towel to clean it up, I turned around to this:

Gavin is still *sometimes* (only if we catch him in time) pooping on the potty these days.
Typical guy--likes to read on the toilet!

These are his favorite trucks right now. We play a game where we say, "Uh oh!!" (notice his mouth saying it here) and something terrible happens to the trucks. I'm running out of disasters to come carry the trucks off--avalanche, tornado/hurricane, mudslide, etc. I can't ever get it on video, so at least I caught it with a picture!

Another game is tag. He comes up and points and says, "Get you!" and we have to run away 'til he catches us and tickles us. Then it goes in reverse. It's so fun and great to get rid of some of his energy!

He's really been using his imagination lately, so it's really fun to watch him play. He wanted his new animals to have the healthiest of meals: toilet paper--in part of his potty no less:

On St. Patrick's Day, we made green eggs and green shamrock pancakes. His face CRACKS ME UP here when we put it in front of him. "Lady, do you really expect me to eat this??"


I can't get enough of this sweet girl:

The Bumbo is definitely a favorite these days! She likes to sit up and be a part of the action!

She is a scooter! If I leave the room for a few minutes with Gavin, I usually come back to find her off her mat:

Henley loves playing with her feet--especially when she's naked so she can get to them easily!

She has Tummy Time every day and is finally getting used to it. She would rather stay on her back, though! So much so that if we didn't have a video monitor, I would honestly not know when this girl was awake half the time. Most babies cry when they wake up, but not Henley. She just looks around her crib completely content. It is truly unbelievable!

Rev and Henley: 6 months

I love Spring because now I can put Henley is sundresses that show off her chunky legs and arms!!

Light pink is my favorite color with her fair skin. She is so pretty! I'm probably a little bias though. :)
I want to pause time and stop these kiddos from growing up!

3 comments:

Meagan said...

WOW! That was a lot in one post, lol... I don't know where to start! Let's see... the video of Gavin dancing made me laugh out loud. Then I laughed out loud again at him licking salt off the table - still cracks me up! I think Miss Henley looks just like you - she is so so so pretty! I LOVE reading about all the fun stuff you do with your little family - just so precious! Y'all make my heart smile! I am so very glad that March was Marvelous!

Allyson said...

Haha, I know, Meagan, after I got finished I thought, "Wow, that's too long!" I started that post last week and never did anything with it and then kept adding pictures during naptime yesterday as I went through iPhoto. I should have broken it up into about 4 posts! :)

MELDUST said...

I love the Michael Jackson video. Emma's favorite song right now is Smooth Criminal. Last spring show we did a dance to it and she has been hooked ever since. The girl loves moonwalking. We need to get Gavin and em together -they'd make a great MJ dancing team!