Last week, the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition team rebuilt a house in Chattanooga for a little boy with Brittle Bone Disease. As into construction as Gavin is, Mom suggested we come down to see it! Of course we had to go!
They had the road blocked off, so we had to park at Lake Winnepesaukah and take a shuttle to get there. This is in a neighborhood with 1,000 sq ft houses and they built a 3,000 sq ft house (I think). You can see it sticking up above all the rest of the roofs:
I have Gavin a construction hat for his upcoming birthday party, so he of course had to dress the part!
And Henley, too--overalls and all!
We did see one famous guy: Eduardo Xol
(light blue shirt in the middle of the picture)
We got to see them film a short 30 second take for the show. Eduardo just jumped in, talked for the camera, and jumped back out while the other workers kept working. So much for reality TV--guess they don't really help as much as it looks like they do!
There was a Bobcat that Gavin enjoyed watching go back and forth with gravel:

But the rest of the time, he played with his tool set that Nani brought.
Fitting for a little construction worker, don't you think?
A lady that works for Vision Homes that helped build the house came by and snapped a picture of Gavin. It would be fun if he got in the newspaper!
I think it was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I'm glad we went!
The show is supposed to air sometime in May.
Thanks for inviting us, Nani!





3 comments:
I just love the FUN things you do!!! Thanks for sharing:)
Hi! I know Gavin's Bday is soon!! I remember that he was due on Reagan's birthday and we celebrated her 8th birthday last Sunday! Happy Birthday Gavin!!
You do such fun things with the kidletts! LOVE IT! :-)
Post a Comment