Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recap: 23 and 4 Months

Too much going on at the end of December to do a recap, so I'm combining December and January recaps here. Prepare yourself...

I have started letting Gavin help me cook a lot lately. He LOVES it. We pull a chair up next to the counter and he usually has his own bowl to mix something. Most of the time my little helper ends up being not-too-helpful and we get this...
But he loves it and messes can be cleaned up!

This boy consistently only has 1 sock on. Every single day, without fail, one sock on, one sock off. Ryan and I call him "The One Sock Bandit."

One of Gavin's favorite things about having a little sister is being able to name body parts on her:

No post would be complete without Gavin's best buddy Braden who we see at least once a week (if we're all well, that is!).
Dress up in December:

These are from Elizabeth that I think are so cute I had to post:

My absolute favorite! Looking for a truck I think:

When we took the kids to the mall to sit on Santa's lap, we finally let Gavin ride this thing. Are we mean parents or what for holding out on this guy for so long!?

This Winter, we've had snow, snow, and more snow. And we have loved it!

Gavin is a big help after we build fires to clean up the ash:
...and pour it on the floor and all over his clothes...

We have been having family worship time when Ryan gets home from work. Ryan usually plays guitar while Gavin and I dance around the coffee table and sing. I have to get a video of it someday because it is quite entertaining!

We have officially ditched the baby bathtub. It's just so much easier to give these 2 a bath at the same time! And Gavin loves helping me with Henley:

For B Week a couple weeks ago, Gavin had his first bubble bath. Really!? How have we never given this boy a bubble bath!?!? He was a fan.

Gavin has a favorite towel that is a fireman hooded towl. He wears it like it's a cape and it's so fun!

HUGE NEWS!!! On December 31, Gavin pooped in the potty for the first time! He is not consistent at all, but we are using the potty on a regular basis. A lot more of a regular basis when he remembers he gets a Red Hot (his favorite treat) as a reward!

I think I would like to pause time with Gavin right now. We are enjoying him sooo much at this age.
(And notice...The One Sock Bandit strikes again!)

We've taken a few field trips so we're not stuck inside all day every day during these cold days. We went to the open play time at Gym Bugs with London, Phoebe, and Haylee:
My little gymnast:

We also went to the Oak Ridge Children's Museum. Gavin was a HUGE FAN of the Train Room:

And sweet Henley Jane did what she always does on our adventures...

Speaking of Henley, she is such a joy and growing up so fast!! So much faster than I remember with Gavin and I want it to slow down! She's already able to do her exersaucer (she practiced here with Hudson's)

Of course we had to have some time with her buddy Rev:

And Tummy Time to work on our neck muscles!

Henley has flipped over one time and I MISSED IT!!! I was cooking dinner and came back in the room and she was on her belly. She prefers to be on her back so much more than her belly! Maybe that's why she hasn't attempted it anymore.

Henley loves loves loves her brother and he loves loves loves her. They are so sweet together. He asked to lay down next to her one morning when he woke up:

Can you tell these 2 are siblings or what?

Henley is one growing girl!! Here's her 4 month stats:
Weight: 16 lb 1 oz: 97%!!! Wowsers.
Height: 25 3/4 in: 90% I hope she's taller than me!!

I don't even want to say it that Gavin will be TWO at the end of this month!! Wow, how time has flown.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

It is hard to see those pictures and realize they are both already so big! They are both so beautiful and y'all have so much fun! You are a wonderful mommy and have a such a fun little family!! Yay!

Joanna said...

My oh my, what a beautiful family you have. God indeed has richly blessed you and Ryan with two lovely children.