I cannot believe Gavin is already half of a year old!! Oh, how I love staying home with this boy. I would have gone back to work this month, and I can't imagine leaving him. People ask me a lot if I miss teaching. I think teaching is such a part of me (I'm sure I tell people things they don't care to know!) that I'll always miss it, but instead of teaching 20 kids, I get to teach Gavin new things every day! I am so thankful to Ryan for working so hard each day so that Gavin and I can stay home! We are unbelievably blessed.
I wish I would have done this from month #1, but just now thought of it. Lon and Sharon brought Gavin this mini-Dakota in the hospital. Here he is with it at 4 days old:

And here he is with it today at 6 months! Wow, he's gotten so big! I wonder if the boxer shrunk at all... :)
I think I'll do a picture with it every month from now on to see how big he's getting. Wow. Makes me sad to look at those 2 pictures!
Enjoy these pictures from the last month...
Visit from Great Aunt Joanna and Cousin Madison from Florida! It was so great to see you guys! And Gavin LOVES his gator! Loves to bite him, that is. :) We named him "Peaches" because Gavin got peaches all over it after he ate peaches one evening! :)
These two are inseparable. Dakota likes to give Gavin lots of kisses when we're not looking! Gavin can be screaming his head off and see Dakota and immediately calm down.
Aunt Amanda moved out earlier this month. We sure do miss having her in our house, but are so glad she's in Knoxville instead of Nashville!
I just have to say how much I love that this boy sucks his thumb! It makes for an easy life for us and a happy baby!

I wish I would have done this from month #1, but just now thought of it. Lon and Sharon brought Gavin this mini-Dakota in the hospital. Here he is with it at 4 days old:
And here he is with it today at 6 months! Wow, he's gotten so big! I wonder if the boxer shrunk at all... :)
Enjoy these pictures from the last month...
Visit from Great Aunt Joanna and Cousin Madison from Florida! It was so great to see you guys! And Gavin LOVES his gator! Loves to bite him, that is. :) We named him "Peaches" because Gavin got peaches all over it after he ate peaches one evening! :)
We got a new high chair (I love Craig's List!) that Gavin eats in each evening. He likes to lick whatever bowl we have his food in.
He is eating as many fruits and veggies as we can give him! He HATES green veggies, particularly sweet peas. Let's hope that changes!

I will no longer be able to take a shower while this boy is awake. I left him on my bed (with pillows surrounding him of course) and this is what I came out to when I got out of the shower...
Here's a video--I think it's funnier to see him moving around under the sheets...
(For some reason the video won't work for me unless I press play and then hit the slider bar. Hopefully it works for you!)
I will no longer be able to take a shower while this boy is awake. I left him on my bed (with pillows surrounding him of course) and this is what I came out to when I got out of the shower...
(For some reason the video won't work for me unless I press play and then hit the slider bar. Hopefully it works for you!)
After Gavin's fractured leg, he got a double eye and right ear infection. I would say this was hands down the worst week of this kid's life! I did NOT take this picture for the blog. He woke up last week with his eyes glued shut with sleep, and I wanted Dr. Glover to see how bad it was in case he didn't look bad when I took him to the doctor (I read somewhere to do that--thought it was a good idea!). He didn't need to see the picture because he diagnosed him right away, so you guys can see how pitiful he is.
Taking his first antibiotic. With a broken leg. Pitiful.

Visit with Great Grandpa Bruce and Great Grandma Betty

Four Generations
These guys are best buds! They hang out once a week (at least!). I know Braden can't wait until Gavin can play with him instead of just sit/lay there!
Braden calls Gavin "Ga." I love it!
Halloween costume idea: Sumo Wrestler?
First visit to an outdoor pool (indoor pool in NC doesn't count, I don't think). He loved Braden's whale float! How sad that it's been all summer and we're just now getting to the pool.
We officially have a scooter! He scoots backwards--not forward at all. Look how far he got off his mat earlier this week! I think he looks quite proud of himself.
Gavin is quite the talker! Here's a video of his adorable coos.
By the way, this boy LOVES his Exersaucer!!
6 Month Stats:
Head: 18 1/2 cm. (WAY above 97%!)
Weight: 20 lb. 2 oz. (90%)
Length: 26 1/4 in. (50%)
Maybe with Ryan being so above average in height and me being so below that we'll produce an average baby? :)
Visit with Great Grandpa Bruce and Great Grandma Betty
These guys are best buds! They hang out once a week (at least!). I know Braden can't wait until Gavin can play with him instead of just sit/lay there!
Braden calls Gavin "Ga." I love it!By the way, this boy LOVES his Exersaucer!!
6 Month Stats:
Head: 18 1/2 cm. (WAY above 97%!)
Weight: 20 lb. 2 oz. (90%)
Length: 26 1/4 in. (50%)
Maybe with Ryan being so above average in height and me being so below that we'll produce an average baby? :)





5 comments:
lon and i can't believe how big he has grown from looking at those two pics with the stuffed boxer!!! The sumo wrestler idea *looks* like a perfect idea!
He is so precious. I know your are enjoying your time. I have thought of you often as I am at the school daily. The boys are adjusting and liking it. We miss you.
Gavin is so precious!!! I love how his personality is showing through in pictures. Thanks for the videos too:) Madison and I made the blog!!! How exciting!!!!! It was a great visit!!!
I am finally trying to catch up on all my blogs! I can't get over how much he has grown! That boy's going to be a linbacker! He's a little chuch - I love it! The picture in the waggon with his little rolls cracked me up! :-) Seriously, he's adorable!
I noticed today that he was scooting backwards...hilarious! I love him sucking his thumb too..it's so cute!
Post a Comment