Saturday, July 25, 2009

North Carolina

We just got back last week from a week's vacation in a cabin in Cashiers, NC with Ryan's parents. I think Gavin's been to North Carolina more times in 4 months than I have ever been in 26 years!

Ryan and his Dad went fly fishing several times while, Gavin, Julie and me relaxed, read and napped (Gavin at least).

Robert's first fish. Hooray!
Ryan finally caught one!
We went to Ryan's Great Uncle Ray's Christmas tree farm. Ryan used to fish here when he was a little boy, too.
The proud fisherman.
Hangin' out with Ray while Ryan catches fish.
Baby trees! Ray said they take about 7 years to grow before they are full grown. We get these every year for our Christmas tree, so it was really neat to see where they come from!
These are Christmas trees all around us. In the background of this picture right above Ryan's head and to the left there's a dark green patch--those are all Christmas trees!
The rest of the post is probably my favorite day of the trip. Gavin went on his first train ride! Here we are at the train museum. Gavin actually watched the train go around from the stroller here.
It was a huge model with trains going all around.
Our train. They played "The Chattanooga Choo Choo" while we waited in line.

We got seats across the aisle from each other which was wonderful so we could all spread out and let Gavin lay down.
What else can you do but sleep after a popcorn and coke all to yourself? :)
"I think I like this train thing."
Robert (Ryan's Dad) LOVES trains. We just happened to be at the right place at the right time and saw the conductor coming off the train. Robert convinced him to let us on to see the engine.
Sitting in the conductor's seat.The train ride we took went from Bryson City to Dillsboro. This is where the train wreck scene from The Fugitive was filmed.
The train got so hot that we had to strip the Gavster down to a diaper to keep him from fussing.
He got delusional playing with his paci. Whatever keeps this boy happy!
"Ok, guys, I've had enough fun for one trip."

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Y'all do so many fun things! You are on the go all the time! I love that last picture when he's pooped from his big day - too cute!!

Joanna said...

I can't believe Gavin is 5 months old! He is precious!!!!! I also love the last picture:) Too cute:) You have a precious family and so glad you have so much fun together.

Jeanette said...

What a hilarious kid you have! :) And I can't believe how many trips you guys take!! And Allyson Louise Wade Hughes, you look awesome for the mom of a 5 month old! :)