Wednesday, May 6, 2009

North Carolina

Last week, Ryan had to go to Charlotte, NC for a business trip. What's a Stay-at-Home-Mom to do but to tag along! :) So Gavin went to his 3rd state at only 2 months old. He's quite the traveler!

Here he is enjoying the King Size bed all to himself.

While Ryan worked during the day, Gavin and I went shopping and to parks to walk and read. As we were getting on the Interstate one day, we had to stop the car (literally, come to a complete stop) to let this geese family cross. Look at the little babies!

Our hotel had a pool and hot tub. So we got Gavin some Little Swimmers diapers and took him in!
The hot tub was like bath water, and since he loves baths, he loved it!

So what do you think this little guy might be looking at so intently?
THE TV!! I can't believe he's already hooked. We don't turn it on during the day at home, but while I was packing up on our last day I had it on, and I heard him laughing at it! Don't worry, he will not be watching it on a normal basis!
Our good friends Peter and Bethany invited us up to their cabin at Lake Lure with the Shastids and the Manns, which worked out perfectly since we were already in North Carolina! Here's the Hedger's cabin and dock in the background.
Gavin took his first boat ride!
We were trying to be responsible parents and bought him an infant life jacket for up to 30 lbs.
But they don't take into consideration some infants (like our son) have HUGE HEADS, so it didn't fit too well. We forced him to wear it for about 30 minutes and then took it off.
Reading, relaxing, and reeling. :)
The best part about Lake Lure is that it's a private lake and Jet Skis are not allowed! So it's so nice and peaceful just to cruise around.
Ryan's teaching Gavin to drive at an early age.
Thanks so much for inviting us, Peter and Bethany! We had a great time!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Those pictures are great! I love the ones of him in the hot tub...you can tell how happy he is!


I loved your comment about the value pack of diapers - you are so right! :) We go to Sam's to get ours.

Gabby said...

I know you're trying to rot his brain early in life... haha.