Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gavin's First Shower!

On Saturday, Ryan's mom's wonderful friends threw us our first baby shower in Chattanooga. These ladies are so on top of it that they told us they wanted to throw a shower for us the week they found out we were pregnant. We are so blessed to have such great friends and family that can help us get our little family started! There is no way possible Ryan and I could afford all of this on our own. I would like to shake the hand of whoever came up with the idea of a shower!!

They surprised us with our baby pictures. Ryan's picture makes me laugh every time!! Look how gorgeous the cake is with Gavin's initials, too!

I hope Gavin does not get my fat baby gene! Yeah, that's me on the right. My family used to call me the Michelin Tire Baby because of all of my rolls!

Some of my high school friends got to come, too! Thanks so much, girls! Here's Melissa (one of my bridesmaids) and Tweed (she got married and that can no longer be her nickname, but I can't help it!)
And Emily, another one of my bridesmaids.
Melissa (another bridesmaid) and her precious little girl Natalie.

The wonderful hostesses: Sandy, Julie, and Rene. Thanks so much, ladies! I'm so sad we didn't get a picture together!
This is the only picture I have of the gift table. Wish we had posed. Our moms surprised us with our stroller/carrier/carseat! We can now take him home from the hospital! :)

Ryan and I are so overwhelmed by the amount of people that came and blessed us with so many wonderful gifts at this shower. We don't even live in Chattanooga any more and were overwhelmed by everyone's generosity!
After the shower, we went crib shopping. We just had to try out some of the gliders before we left!
We got back late and all I wanted to do was go through all the boxes and bags and see all of Gavin's new goodies. The organizer that I am (which is intensified right now with the nesting that I'm doing these days) had to separate all the gifts into like categories (bathroom, clothes, kitchen, etc.). Nowhere to put them now, so this will be his room for a little while until we paint and get some furniture!

6 comments:

ariel said...

aww looks like you had a wonderful shower.. wish I could have been there!! Congrats on all the gifts! :)

MELDUST said...

It was a wonderful shower! So good to see you! You look so beautiful pregnant! Just glowing! Have fun organizing! I used to go into Emma's room before she arrived and organize, and re-organize - or just sit and look around and dream! I'm so excited for you!

Lauren said...

Is that your house? Or Babies R Us?? :)

How exciting - that was one of my favorite parts of being pregnant - looking through everything and putting things away, knowing he would wear and use them soon!

Melanie said...

That's great Allyson! I definitely hope that Gavin inherits your baby fat rolls. A fat baby is a healthy baby!!

Meagan said...

Yay!!! Baby showers are so great! Look at ALL that stuff you got, that ROCKS!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Gavin in all his cute new things!!!!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! I just wanted to come back and say (in response to your comment on my blog) that I am cracking up because... I ACTUALLY have ANOTHER friend that has the abominable snowman for a tree topper! Too cute!