Sunday, November 9, 2008

6 Months

Actually, the title should say 6 months + 1 week! I somehow lost a week of my life. I don't know where it went! I thought I was 6 months this Friday, but I was 6 months on Halloween! Wow, time is just flying by!

I went to a shower today for my friend Shannon. Shannon, Sarah, and I are all a month apart, so we had to take a picture together! This just cracks me up! Notice that I'm 2 months behind Shannon and my belly is not much smaller! Eek!
Due Dates
Shannon: December 20; Sarah: January 27; Me: February 20

Fun things happening right now:
  • Ryan is able to feel Gavin kicking a lot more. He likes to push back at him and fight with him. He's so silly.
  • Ryan laid on the bed the other night next to my belly and watched Gavin kicking. He could see my belly moving! He's so low that I couldn't see. I sure can feel him though!
  • In church this morning, I had my journal propped up on my belly and it was moving each time Gavin kicked. Very distracting, little man!
Not so fun things happening right now:
  • HEARTBURN!!! If the Old Wive's Tale is true, Gavin is going to have an incredibly full head of hair! I'm having to prop myself up on a 2nd pillow at night or I wake up miserable. Never experienced it before being pregnant. Whew. Tums are my new best friend! BUT I still can't complain because the Lord has blessed me with the easiest pregnancy and I am grateful every day!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You girls look too cute! I love all my pregnant friends!

ariel said...

Allyson you look amazing! I just love your belly! I got the invitation to your shower and am very sad because I wont be able to make it to town for it. I just got all my belongings moved here and unpacked this weekend and still have plenty of things to do before I am able to make that 5 hpur trip. I wish I was there and am sending my gift with Mel! I miss you and hope to see you next time I'm in town if you are too!

Kate said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you & your belly at christmas time. :)

Lauren said...

Just remember how teeny you are compared to your girlfriends when you're not pregnant!! :)

I had TERRIBLE heartburn with Dawson...um, and he was basically bald. :) I feel your pain, though, literally! It went away the second he was born, though.

You are glowing!!

Meagan said...

You look SO great!!!! I am so happy for you and your "easy" pregnancy... what a blessing that things are smooth sailing and healthy! You are such a cute little prego mommy! I can't wait to see pictures of Baby Gavin and it'll be here before you know it!

MELDUST said...

You look so cute - and I love the preggo picture with the girls. My friends Katie, Kristi, and I were all within 1 month of each other too - we had a July, August, and September baby. So much fun! I had terrible heartburn too (and I didn't go anywhere without tums) - and Emma did have a head full of hair! So only time will tell if Mr. Gavin has hair! Can't wait to see you Saturday!