Every year since Ryan and I have been married, we have gone to Charleston, South Carolina. For my Fall Break this past week, we went to Edisto Island (which is about an hour outside of Charleston). It was so much fun and such a relaxing getaway! We went with our friends Josh and Sarah for the week, and our friends Ben, Elizabeth, and their 6-month-old Braden came until Thursday morning. It was such a fun group!
The weather was beautiful, but way too cold for us to get in the water. Our husbands, on the other hand, braved the cold to play frisbee in the waves.
Sarah and I are about 3 weeks apart. It's so fun being pregnant with so many of my friends!
I just love this little guy! We tried to keep him out of the sun as much as we could.
Carriage ride through downtown Charleston. My favorite thing to do in Charleston!
Eating dinner at the Crab Shack (I think that's the name) on the rooftop!
Dessert at Kamynski's (Elizabeth's favorite!)
I can't tell you how full we are right here, but maybe you can tell by the picture...
I can't tell you how full we are right here, but maybe you can tell by the picture...
On Thursday, Sarah and I went along for a ride while Josh and Ryan played golf. The course was beautiful. Look at the huge oak trees.
Fritillary Butterflies were everywhere! I really like how this picture turned out.
On Friday, it rained and rained...and rained some more. We wanted to get out of the condo, so we went back to Charleston and ate at The Wreck--a restaurant built at the site of a ship wreck.
This is what we drove through to get there. Wow. A local told Josh that it rained 11 inches--more than they have seen in a looooong time. And we got to drive through it! Thank goodness we borrowed Ryan's dad's F250 for the trip. So many cars were getting towed.
Bike riding to the beach.
This was my favorite part of the trip. On my list of top 100 goals that my Mom made me write when I turned 18 (yes, it took a long time, but it really made me think about what I wanted to do in my life!), the TOP of the list was to swim with dolphins. I just LOVE them! Well, we didn't get to swim with them, but we did kayak with them with a two-man kayak we rented. Here's a video to show you. This is about the 4th video I shot. I couldn't post the 1st because I was so excited you couldn't hear anything that was happening (shocking, I know). ***Be sure you listen for them breathing out of their blowholes. This may not be interesting to anybody but me and my hubby, but we had the best time!
A lot of what we did was EAT! Here's some of our scrumptious meals. Biscuits and gravy (sorry for the morning picture, guys)...





6 comments:
Wait, were you guys there just this past weekend too? We were there Thursday-Sunday. It sure did POUR on Friday..we drove in the turrential rain to a rehearsal dinner at the Historic Rice Mill on Friday night...thankfully it didn't rain on Saturday for the wedding. Glad you had a good time!
Looks like you had a great time! Just think how wonderfully different your next vacation will be! Yay!
Hey girl!
So I am SOOOO jealous of your beach trip! HOW FUN! IT looks like the perfect week, seriously!
I had no idea Ryan golfed... so do I... how fun!
The butterfly picture is amazingly beautiful - great shot!
The video of the "flood" was crackin me up and the video of the dolphins was AMAZING... I can't beleive you did that!!! I would have been freaked that they would flip me over too! lol.
Overall, great trip and GREAT post! :-)
oh my gosh! I LOVE Edisto! I didnt know anyone else knew about that island outside of SC. I used to go there every summer! I'm glad you two had a chance to fit in a fun couple getaway before the baby!
Wish I could have been there..looks like you had fun!
How much fun! I'm glad that y'all got to take a "babymoon!"
That butterfly is amazing!
Post a Comment