I've been saying for a while now that I'm ready for her to be 2, but I'm really enjoying her right now!! She is a month older than Gavin was when we brought her home from the hospital. (Yeah, let that sink in as to how crazy we are to have them so close!) I think because I was always with baby Henley, I missed this stage of Gavin's life. I mean, I still experienced it, but not as much as I'm getting to with Henley. I actually am enjoying rocking her every night which Gavin never really wanted to do, and if he did want to at this age, I didn't have time to because of a new baby in the house, so I am cherishing our rocking bedtime routine!
Here are some fun pictures of our sweet girl lately...
Veteranarian Henley giving Dakota her shots:
I sent this picture in (from our neighbor's birthday party) to Jones Soda and they sent us a 6 pack of bottles with this picture on them!!
2 things describe Henley Jane.
1. Diva
and
2. Daddy's Girl
Ryan taught her to give him kisses to get rewarded for things. Candy, yummy food that mom doesn't give them, etc. :)
She is a lot like her Aunt Amanda, and even looks like Amanda when she was a baby!
Her giggles are one of my most favorite sounds of my day. For some strange reason, she giggles the most when her brother is tackling her. Oh my.
I don't remember Gavin being so expressive with his face at this age. Maybe that's a girl vs. boy...
Man, I love this picture. We stopped to get ice cream and Henley started feeding Ryan. When he opened his mouth, she did...
...and when he closed his mouth, she did, too. So cute.
I mean, seriously, people.
She loves crayons and has recently drawn on the windows and walls in our NEW ROOM (for goodness sakes) while I was cleaning up in another room. So I made her attempt to clean it up. Would that make her Cinderella or me the evil Stepmother??
But speaking of cleaning, she actually does love to help me clean! She did this all by herself!
She is obsessed with water and loves transferring water from cups, to bowls, to tubs, etc:
Our after bathtime ritual is to hide after the kids get their hooded towels on. Before recently, only Gavin did this, and then a couple of weeks ago, Henley did it, too! She loves to copy her big brother.
Almost every Thursday we grill out with our neighbors. Here she is chowing down on a rib. Love it!
This cracks me up. We have recently taken some family pictures on our front steps so she now walks by, sits down, and says, "Cheese!" without being prompted. Hilarious!
Oh, Lamber Jammer. We would be lost without this little guy. She would carry her lamb around all day if we let her! And notice her pucker lips and tongue that she's done since she was a baby. No paci or thumb, just her tongue!
I recently interviewed Gavin (I'll do another post on that), so I wanted to interview Henley. Here are a couple of videos of what she knows right now:
And I think this is because of her having an older sibling. She counts a lot! Especially before she takes off running, she'll say, "1, 2, 3!" I tried to get her counting the crayons here, but instead she started to sing when I hit record. This girl can sing and dance!
I am head over heals for this girl.
















1 comment:
So adorable!!! She is growing up way to fast fo my liking... Amazing how much she has changed since Christmas. I can't wait to see you all in August!!!
Post a Comment