Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Life on the Farm

Ok, so we don't actually live on a farm. :) But it sure feels like it sometimes! We live walking distance to cows and horses, and a certain little girl is OBSESSED with cows. So at least 2x a week, Ryan takes her to see the cows (sometimes every day!)...

You can see the one lonely cow still out at 6 pm that Henley is pointing to:

The cows are not quite as accessible as the horses are. We can actually pet and feed the horses if they come by the fence!

Last week we were banned from society because of ear/eye infections and buckets of snot (lovely mental picture, huh?), so we had our own fun with a bag of carrots (organic, might I add. Not too excited to waste organic carrots on horses!)...


LOVE these pics:





Henley loves horses from afar. Not so much up close. She would hide in Ryan's chest when she got scared (or shake, poor thing!)...


Can I point out that this boy looks SO BIG right here!

I must point out the snot trail on Gavin's right arm from him wiping his nose himself. Nice.

Then this crazy horse started EATING the fence! Like seriously biting it, crunching it, and swallowing!


The kiddos enjoyed the last of the carrots...


We have to keep a bag of carrots on hand! Never know when they'll be by the road! Have I mentioned I LOVE where we live!?

2 comments:

Denton Family said...

That is so cool being that close to animals. My Mason would love that. And yes your boy looks very big as does mine. Oh my he is up to my nose, pretty sure he will be as tall as you this coming up year. Time is flying. Keep enjoying it!

Melanie said...

That's great! Do you guys know the owners well? do you think they'd let you ride the horses? I am looking for someone! We have some across us on Lovell, but they look more scrawny than yours...