We had a pretty laid-back Easter weekend. We had more fun activities planned, but the kids got sick (shocker) so we had to cancel our neighborhood egg decorating party (so sad!). We started out at our church's Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning. Last year, Henley was too little to enjoy any of it, so I think she had a much better time this year!
Getting her face painted--wasn't quite sure about this!
Love my sweet girl!
This was not Henley's first time hunting eggs. We hunt them kind of regularly in our backyard with a single cheerio or Jelly Bean inside each one, so this girl had it down!
Gavin and Ryan hunted away from us so I have 0 pictures of this sweet boy in action.
That night, we attempted to make Resurrection Cookies. We read through Jesus' crucifixion--in an appropriate-for-a-3-year-old way (which is quite hard to do!)...
...and went through each step of the cookies to explain Jesus' death:
I think Gav was a year too young to fully grasp everything, but I'm glad we did it!
The goal of the cookies was to have a visual of Jesus' resurrection. The cookies were supposed to be little balls, put them in the oven overnight, and then they would be hollow the next day=Jesus' empty tomb. Well, here's how ours turned out. NOTHING like they were supposed to be! But Gavin knows Jesus is alive and that's all that matters, right?? :)
My parents and grandmother came up for the day on Easter Sunday and we of course had to take family pictures!
Henley got into screaming with her hands up in the air like she was on a roller coaster. It was so cute, but we got 0 pics of our family without her doing it. :) The stinker!
Four generations:
We hunted eggs after lunch:
She could not fit another piece of candy in her mouth!
Again with the roller coaster... :)
She looks SO PRISSY here to me!
We ran out of time on Sunday to dye eggs, so we had a post-Easter egg dying party. Better late than never!
They were fascinated with the color tablets dissolving in the water:
I boiled 2 dozen eggs and helped them with the first dozen:
And then I took a deep breath, and realized they have more fun when they get messy, and let them go to town on the second dozen. I am trying to do this more--realize that messes can be cleaned up! They loved every second!
Oh. my. I had to practice breathing exercises during this. :) But she had a blast!
Then Gavin figured out he could throw the eggs down to break them and they ate a couple as a snack:
And oddly enough, so did a Mockingbird! No picture of the bird, but we sat in the garage and watched this bird eating the broken eggs. Does this seem oddly cannibalish to anybody else!?
We left the eggs out overnight on accident and they were GONE the next day--just pieces of shells all over the patio. Dakota, other dogs, birds, who knows! Oh my!



















No comments:
Post a Comment