Nani and Pop invited us to go camping in their pop-up camper at Fall Creek Falls last weekend.
The weather was perfect, and a certain 2-year-old had a blast!
Reading early in the morning with Nani so we *tried* not to wake the other campers up:
Pop brought his portable DVD player which helped with the trying not to wake our neighbors up, too!
Fun Story--Friday night Gavin woke up screaming at 4:45 am not knowing where he was, which also woke his sister up, so we were up until after 6 am with 2 wide awake kiddos. Don't you know everybody around us was so happy we came camping!
S'Mores before breakfast? Yes, please!
We met a lot of fun creatures that we named...
Rocky the Raccoon:
He seriously got this close to us!
Mike the Millepede:
We took a guided Nature Walk with Ranger Matt on Friday night and got to see some nocturnal animals, including Freddy the Frog!
On Saturday, we biked and hiked around the campground:
I love Pop in the corner of this picture trying to get the kids to smile--it's a must for any picture we take these days!
The swinging bridge made me a bit uncomfortable with these 2 little guys!
Across the bridge we came to this cool amphitheater. I had to get a picture of Mom because she told me this was her inspiration for the amphitheater she wrote about in her book, Weaving through Lives.
We hiked to a creek that Gavin of course had to get in! We took so many pictures here that I couldn't narrow them down, so enjoy my naked boy!
No need for a sippy cup!
I love this face here because he's so proud of himself for drinking the water!
(You might have to click on it to make it bigger to see the ear to ear grin)
The rocks were sooo slippery that Ryan had to help him most of the way.
Gavin had to hike back in a very wet and saggy diaper!
Apparently there are tropical birds at Fall Creek Falls!
His name was Goliath and he was this lady's pet that she said she takes everywhere:
Nap time is a tough thing camping. Henley was supposed to be sleeping, and when I went and checked on her, this is what I found behind a pile of pillows--grabbing her feet and looking around having a grand ol' time!
This sweet girl is teething like crazy--but no teeth yet. She loves her teether ring, especially with bananas!

I felt for all the campers around us, because this sweet girl is into screaming with delight these days--even at 6 a.m. when she thinks it's time to be up!

Ryan was quite thoughtful and gave her a lemon so she wouldn't feel left out of our scrumptious meal.
Before:
After:
Aunt Joanna, she got to squeeze into her camping pj's one last time!
And I'm trying to remember, but I don't think she cried a single time all weekend.
Oh, wait, there was one time! We took a morning bike ride on Sunday before we left...
And the kids fell asleep, and her brother fell asleep on top of her! She was crying in her sleep because she was so smooshed.
After the bike ride we packed up to head home. Gavin loved helping break down the pop-up!
And like any good grandmother would do (haha), my Mom taught Gavin how to spit off the top of it:
What a fun weekend!!
Ryan's been looking at pop-ups online wanting to buy one ever since! :)









2 comments:
How fun!!!!! You have the two cutest children EVER!!! So thankful that Gavin has Nani who can teach her such fun stuff:) Love you guys!!!
I'm not exactly an outdoor/camp-y person, but I must say, that looks like so much fun! :-)
Post a Comment