We lost our card reader this week so I am so behind in posting about our Thanksgiving week! And there are so many pictures that this quite possibly could be the longest blogpost known to man, so grab a cup of coffee and enjoy! :)
Ryan's job is pretty much the most convenient job when it comes to traveling to see our family, because he can just bring his files with him and work from the Chattanooga office! Woohoo!! So we were able to go down for the entire week and spend time with family.
Nani had centers set up all over the house! Love that my mom is such a teacher and so creative.
The piano bench is a perfect desk to color at!
Legos in the garage:
She also taught Gavin to shave (just pretend--no blade of course)
On Monday we went to the Warner Park Zoo. A little pitiful compared to the Knoxville Zoo, but we all had a great time!
Gavin loved the petting zoo. Having Dakota has made him pretty fearless around animals!
He went on his very first carrousel ride! Liked it at first then wanted to get down:
Henley enjoyed it too!
On Tuesday we went to the Chattanooga Discovery Museum which was awesome!
Thanks for the tickets, Jeanne!!
Arts and Crafts:

Digging for dinosaur bones (this was my favorite part):
The musical instruments were definitely this boy's favorite!
Storytime:
Here is how Henley enjoyed it! Slept the whole time!Thanksgiving morning was fun getting ready for the day watching the Macy's Parade as usual. Gavin loves saying "Bye!" right now. Love these boys:
For lunch we always head to Dayton to celebrate with my Mom's family. I love love love this Thanksgiving every year! Henley was definitely the center of attention for quite a while!
My Aunt Joanna and Cousin Madison from Florida. They stole Henley as much as they could since they don't get to see her very much!

Gavin loved the horses:
Thanksgiving evening we spent with Ryan's family:
Gavin loved playing with the cars on this thing (I'm sure it has a name but I sure don't know it!)
Henley LOVED their aquarium! She kept staring at the bubbles and smiling and kicking. It made me think of Finding Nemo: "The bubbles!!!"
Friday evening we celebrated with my dad's family.
Yup, if you're keeping count, that's 3 Thanksgiving meals every year! We are quite stuffed by this point!
My 3-year-old cousin Caroline found my grandmother Jane's old hats, so all the girls wore them the rest of the evening!
We have a tradition to decorate the tree for my grandmother after we eat. This was Gavin's first time decorating a Christmas tree!
We had such a great week with family! We were all worn out by Saturday when we headed home and I know Nani and Pop were ready for a break from us! Can't wait 'til Christmas!!








3 comments:
I made the blog;). Two absolutely beautiful children you have. I also love love love our family Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see how much Henley has grown by Christmas. I just loved holding her;)
1. I laughed till it hurt watching the shaving movie. Why did you teach him to shave in the first place and why are his pants half off in the bathroom?
2. You are like 18 inches shorter than all of Ryan's family. Just in case you didn't notice :) I giggled.
Good Lord Girl!!!! You guys know how to pack in the fun, don't you! Looks like an AMAZING time! You know that the Discovery Museum is one of our most favorite places!
Post a Comment