Every good thing and every perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
Monday, March 1, 2010
Birthday Boy
I'll first state the obvious that I can't believe my little boy is ONE!!! Everyone always told me time would fly by--well, they were right!
We started off Gavin's birthday weekend with a trip to Chattanooga to have a family party at Ryan's parents' house on Saturday. We can't wait for Spring to get here to play outside! He got some great musical toys for our little music maestro. Check out these guns, ladies. This boy loves his food. I haven't let Gavin have any sugary things until now. The sweetest thing he has had (that I know of!) is a graham cracker. So, needless to say... He LOVED his cake.
For Gavin's friends birthday party in Knoxville, we did The Very Hungry Caterpillar theme (based on Eric Carle's book).
These were the invitations that I made: Aunt Amanda made the cake. Doesn't it look amazing?? We had balloons in the shape of caterpillars: In the background, I had an Eric Carle DVD playing, but I think everybody was having too much fun to watch! If you've never read the book, here's The Very Hungry Caterpillar part of the video. It's so cute!
We had a caterpillar time line of Gavin's pictures from birth through 12 months (you can blow the picture up to see the picture more closely hopefully): I chose this theme because in the book, the caterpillar eats and eats and eats and eats and gets fat...just like the Gavster!! (Check out the 7th picture in the time line if you forgot how fat this boy got!) So all the food at the party was from the book: Please remember that I'm a kindergarten teacher at heart and I haven't been able to teach for a whole year now--so it kind of exploded into his party! So I made place cards to go along with each food item--one for each page of the book: I have to teach for a second...the book is actually wrong and butterflies come out of a chrysalis, not a cocoon, but I decided to write it just like the book. :) Gavin got so many great new toys for us to play with. Thanks everybody! He is one blessed little boy! And onto the cake... Aunt Amanda let him eat the entire head of the caterpillar. And I'm so glad it was red icing! Gavin definitely continued with his messy eating habits. This is the one day where you want them to be messy, and he certainly did not disappoint! No amount of paper towels could contain this mess. Bath time! He looks so proud of himself! It turned the water pink! Here's a video for my family that didn't get to be there to see Gavin tearing into the cake. This is a long video so just watch what you want!
It was so fun celebrating with you guys on Sunday! Afterwards, Walt and I were talking about how stinkin' cute Gavin is! My favorite picture is #2 - love his sweet face + fat cheeks!
What fun! I'm very impressed with the food table. Perhaps you could plan Phoebe's first birthday party for me? And thanks for posting the E.C. video, me and the girls really enjoyed watching it!
8 comments:
I hope my kids never get invited to one of your parties. They will never be satisfied again! That looked adorable.
What a great party idea. I love it. A very Happy birthday to Gavin, followed with a year full of blessings. Did you take his picture in Daddy's shirt?
It was so fun celebrating with you guys on Sunday! Afterwards, Walt and I were talking about how stinkin' cute Gavin is! My favorite picture is #2 - love his sweet face + fat cheeks!
What fun! I'm very impressed with the food table. Perhaps you could plan Phoebe's first birthday party for me?
And thanks for posting the E.C. video, me and the girls really enjoyed watching it!
Dear Gavin,
Your party looked like a lot of fun!!! Can't wait to see you again. I love you! You are now one sticky finger old!!!!
How cute! You did a fantastic job with his party! Happy birthday, little man!
that looked like the PERFECT party! it turned out so great!!!!
Very kindergarten teacher type of birthday party! If only I had thought of that! Great job!
Post a Comment