This weekend was a big weekend of celebration at the Hughes household!
Friday was Ryan's 27th Birthday. Happy Birthday, darlin'!
Do you know what Ryan's birthday cake was 5 years ago?
Our wedding cake! (Sorry for the poor picture quality--I'm scanning them from our album.)
That's right, we got married on June 19, Ryan's birthday. Now he'll always remember our anniversary! Here's one of my favorite memories of our wedding...
You can't tell what we're doing in this picture, but Ryan is helping me up on a stool that Amanda (Ryan's sister) decorated for our wedding. So this was the one time I was the same height as Ryan when the pastor said, "You may now kiss the bride."
To celebrate our 5th anniversary, Ryan went all out! He planned an overnight getaway in Chattanooga. My Mom and Dad kept Gavin for us for 24 hours so we could enjoy our time away. We stayed at the Stone Fort Inn which was unbelievable. It is 100 years old this year. Here is a picture from our private balcony looking at Downtown Chattanooga.
I don't have any pictures from the rest of the evening because it wasn't so good. :) We went to a play which was TERRIBLE (we should have walked out). Then afterwards, we called Mom and Dad to see how Gavin was doing and he was screaming his head off because he wouldn't take the bottle. So...Mom and Dad had to drive down to Coolidge Park where we were and let me feed him, then take him back home. Not so funny then, but we can laugh about it now!
Friday morning, Ryan ordered us breakfast in bed! It was so nice to be able to sleep in.
Outside the B&B
For lunch, we went to get the best cheese dip in the world at Taco Mac! I craved this my entire pregnancy and never got to have it, so now all is well with the world again. :)
You can't see it very well, but my anniversary present is the necklace I'm wearing in this picture to match my pearls from Mother's Day! Do I have a sweet hubby or what?!?
1 year ago on our 4th anniversary, we found out we were going to have this little guy:

And today is Ryan's very 1st Father's Day!
Gavin and I took Ryan to play golf this evening to celebrate. Gavin's favorite part was riding in the cart.

Ryan and I have been together for almost 11 years! Can you believe it? I must say, my hubby has turned into quite the romantic one this year! He has really been working hard to lay down his life for his family and I am so blessed to be married to him.
Ryan, thank you so much for all the time and effort it took you to plan such a wonderful getaway for us--even on your birthday! I love you more and more with each year I am married to you! I do not deserve you!
Friday morning, Ryan ordered us breakfast in bed! It was so nice to be able to sleep in.
1 year ago on our 4th anniversary, we found out we were going to have this little guy:
And today is Ryan's very 1st Father's Day!
Ryan and I have been together for almost 11 years! Can you believe it? I must say, my hubby has turned into quite the romantic one this year! He has really been working hard to lay down his life for his family and I am so blessed to be married to him.
Ryan, thank you so much for all the time and effort it took you to plan such a wonderful getaway for us--even on your birthday! I love you more and more with each year I am married to you! I do not deserve you!





5 comments:
Abs, I love the wedding pics! Congrats on your anniversary! Also, my hubby and I stayed at the Stone Fort Inn this past weekend for our anniversary, too! Wish we had seen you guys!! Love, Emily
I like that navy shirt! : )
Ally, Your aunt, Mom, and Grandmother are enjoying all your pictures today! They arrived safely and it is hot here too:) Congratulations! We love you!
What a sweet post, What a loaded weekend, and What a wonderful and sweet sweet gettaway!!!!
I know I'm way late on this one but CONGRATS! Sounds like it was an awesome weekend! Best wishes for many more wonderful years ahead!
Post a Comment